Founded in 1994 by Gretchen Wilcox, G.S. Wilcox & Co. is a leader in the commercial real estate investment banking industry. The firm provides debt and equity solutions to developers, real estate private equity firms, institutional investors, and other owners of commercial real estate. Representing 15 life insurance companies on a correspondent basis, the firm currently has a servicing portfolio of over $1.2 billion. G.S. Wilcox & Co’s mission is to add value to our clients by providing exceptional customer service, financing terms, and support.
The firm is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Loan Operations- Senior Associate who will work closely with the CFO on a daily basis.
Commercial Real Estate Loan Operations- Senior Associate Responsibilities:
Operational Support & Business Development
- Monitor all aspects of a $1.2 Billion commercial mortgage portfolio consisting of 200 loans, including service agreement compliance.
- Effectively manage and coach staff for their professional development and growth.
- Verify inspections and ensure financial statement analyses are submitted timely in accordance with respective lender guidelines.
- Create dynamic reports to more effectively and efficiently perform loan servicing functions and identify new loan origination opportunities.
- Creatively identify new opportunities to grow the loan portfolio and increase revenue generation.
Loan Event Management
- Review loan documents and prepare a summary of borrower requests for assumptions, lease analysis, condemnations, transfers, and other items requiring lender approval.
- Oversee daily and monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Manage new loan boarding and verification across the portfolio.
- Soundly direct cross-training on cash management, loan closings, and the in-place servicing system
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of payments, confirm insurance is in place, verify taxes are paid and UCC filings are continued throughout loan terms.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual lender certifications regarding insurance, taxes, payments, and UCC filings.
- Maintain and test disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and document protection plans.
- Assist with the annual USAP loan servicing audit.
Successful candidates should have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of Commercial Mortgage Loan Servicing and Closing Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication/organizational skills, a detail-oriented mentality, and strong time management skills.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SQL, Microsoft Query, and loan servicing software.
- Team oriented and self-motivated, with the ability to challenge, innovate, and lead.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Joseph Smerdon, email@example.com